This is the first day of my participation in Project 52. One post a week for the rest of the year. Sounds reasonable. I’m taking the easy way out for this first post of 2010: a Q and A about 2009.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Defended my MFA thesis. Helped with a dog c-section and animal x-rays.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make resolutions, but this year I resolve to send out some nonfiction to the various journals I read.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
We watched the Soloist and then live streaming of the NY festivities at midnight (eastern time). We went to bed after the ball dropped in NY, even though it wasn’t midnight in our neck of the woods.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, sorry to say.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More travel! A little more money!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I suppose the date of my thesis defense, tho I don’t remember the exact date. It was in March. Also, the date I was finally offered a writing gig with the local university.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Receiving my MFA and finally being offered a writing/editing job with my local university. Getting a freelancing gig with the newspaper.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting anything published in journals (because I didn’t send anything out. Fail.)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A dog bit my thumb. It hurt like hell. And I was scared of rabies. Because I’m a hypochondriac about such things.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Canon EOS Rebel. My new plastic lenses for the Canon. Some really fab jewelry from Etsy.
12. Where did most of your money go? To the monthly bills.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009? Probably “Walk it Out.”
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Traveling
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Fretting
16. What were your favorite TV programs? Project Runway, The Office, Community, 30 Rock (Thursday night TV)
Those days are over though because we’ve disconnected our cable.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I’m not big on hating.
18. Who were the people you were closest to this year? My mom, stepdad, and Spence.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery? Well, it was a video of Walk it Out set to the smooth movements of a 70’s dance trio. It rocked my socks, but the youtube video has been disabled, so I can’t share it. Also, the Fireman.
20. What were your favorite films of this year? It doesn’t seem like I saw many. I liked the Serious Man.
21. What did you do on your birthday? Dinner with Spence.
22. What kept you sane? Reading, writing, Spence, mom, Sgt. Pepper.
23. Who did you miss? Lots of the Florida folks.
24. Who was the best new person you met? Lyndsey!
25. What things are you looking forward to in 2010? Travel, writing, taking pictures, hanging with people I dig.
(Meme stolen from Lyria.)